Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion Review

Post and read reviews on any amps, effects, and all other bits and pieces for guit-fiddles here.
M2k
Judge, Jury and Executioner
My Rig: Jet City JCA100HDM Head
Jet City JC212 cab
ESP OS Forest GT
80's Lawsuit LP
Schecter Demon 7FR
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Good Transactions
Fikealox
rmartin04
shockme.au

Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion Review

Post by M2k » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:31 pm

alright peoples, this is a pretty simple to use distortion pedal (alot of distortion pedals are).

Its got four basic knobs level, Tone, Dist. and Turbo (switches between mode I and mode II which can also be done by either one of the boss footswitches).
The bypass is a hardwire bypass but you can do the true bypass mod to it fairly easy.

the tone from this little stompbox is incredible, set the tone and distortion to 12 o clock and the turbo on mode I you get a nice chunky sounding distortion, turn both the knobs up and it goes into metal territory

The advantage about having the turbo switch is that when u plug in a footwsitch for it u can use the turbo mode II as a boost, but i wouldnt recomend using Mode II as an OD.

I run my signal into my Crybaby then into the DS-2 and straight to my amp, when i get my Blackheart i shall place my own review of it

here is a demo done with the boss person, but remember, its your ears not mine, if you dont like it then choose a different pedal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg1ZOcV5O9E[/video]
s_m_g wrote:Can someone translate this thread to guitar so I can understand what the hell you're all talking about?

I had Octoban once, it was kind of like calamari but a bit chewier.