Ordering ESP Custom

This is the place to talk about your Custom ESPs or ask questions about how to get yourself a Custom ESP.
thetenthplace
Super senior

Re: Ordering ESP Custom

Post by thetenthplace » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:23 pm

900 :|
damnit why didnt i do this sooner >_<
if they have gone up that much then i am going ESP :smt004
any thoguhts on the guitar?

OmegaF
Anal Clipper

Post by OmegaF » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:04 pm

thetenthplace wrote:i wouldnt mind paying the grand extra for the esp, but i will next be in the shop on the 4th oct so will ask about it then
i take it ran is a huge drop in quality from esp?

i have never seen a ran in person but i hear the two cannot be compared. I have a custom ESP myself and its a damn fine guitar in every way, there is nothing you can claim is wrong on it and the tone is amazing, very loud, punchy and resonant, i would save up if i were you for an ESP instead of Ran.

what i wouldn't do is stick graphics on a custom guitar. I was considering it for some time then i decided that as I grow older I will like classic stuff more so i went out with the graphics and in with a figured top. I just think that nature is a much better artist than a human is and i value rare pieces of wood such as 5A quilted tops etc etc. A graphic can be copied but a figured top will never be the same, its unique to your guitar and nature will not create another piece for anyone ever. But thats just me, there still are some cool looking guitars with graphics that I really dig but i will always go for figured wood tops. i guess im a boring old geezer.
i play a megafeth style..really heavy with alot of squeals and deadened/muffing chords and it was awesome.

and the knot in the back adds caractor...i even have a proper custom here with 4 knots on the front that will also blow any other custom guitar away for the purpose its been made for..

thetenthplace
Super senior

Post by thetenthplace » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:18 pm

i can see your point, i will consider having just a plain paint,

what you think of black cherry sunburst forest GT =p
i do admire my black cherry >_<

OmegaF
Anal Clipper

Post by OmegaF » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:14 pm

i think a nice figured top will cost you the same as the graphic you want so condsider that with a nice see through finish there are so many but you can only find them on the japanese esp site. i dont have the direct link to them, i always lose the colour samples on the jap site
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/index_gt.html
this should give you an idea. its your custom so dont make it based on what others like or tell you.
mind you, a full thickness top will change the sound of the guitar unless you make it a veneer in which case it will be cheaper but it wont look as good. I suppose you know your stuff since you have already chosen woods and specs for the custom but if in doubt then its a very big discussion to have before deciding what to get.
i play a megafeth style..really heavy with alot of squeals and deadened/muffing chords and it was awesome.

and the knot in the back adds caractor...i even have a proper custom here with 4 knots on the front that will also blow any other custom guitar away for the purpose its been made for..

thetenthplace
Super senior

Post by thetenthplace » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:27 pm

i know quite a bit, but there is some i dont, and i have bookmarked that site at home cos i always used to losoe it, i have the S6 on there, ^__^

amazing guitar

and thats y i dont want just matt black, i have thought of transparent, i like the idea, i have thought of a type of sunburst, but dont like sakitos white burst >_<
the more i think the more i get confused,

i would still like to dram of a bleach guitar though, might get a cheaper ran one as he is willing to do the bleach, and then a more expensive esp custom forest too in a plain color

OmegaF
Anal Clipper

Post by OmegaF » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:36 pm

hehe, best come up with a few versions and ask for quotes for each one. are you using a UK dealer?

thetenthplace
Super senior

Post by thetenthplace » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:41 pm

i will be yes, but i asked Ran directly
dreading the tax ¬_¬
i have come up with a few different ideas, but all revolve around forest shape

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin
My Rig: Cool shit

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Have Ran done a Forest, I recall seeing one of theirs that looked a little sketchy in the shape??? The Forest is a tricky shape to cop from pictures alone I would have thought.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

OmegaF
Anal Clipper

Post by OmegaF » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:48 pm

^^ thats the man to ask all your ESP custom questions. The encyclopedia for all things ESP in a walking/talking format. Ladies and Gents I give you Shane :lol:

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:49 pm

:lol: :oops:
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

thetenthplace
Super senior

Post by thetenthplace » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:10 am

From Omegas comments, do i address you sir shane? it seems fitting

right so, Sir Shane

there are 2 he has made before

you think esp would make it with those 2 images on there?
cos if not i am considering gettin ran to make it with images then another plain one from esp >_<

thoughts? =p

edit: lol thanks fixed it now
Last edited by thetenthplace on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

OmegaF
Anal Clipper

Post by OmegaF » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:14 am

images dont display for me mate.

thetenthplace
Super senior

Post by thetenthplace » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 am

and fixed ^__^

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 am

I'll take it the graphics are not Red Xs? :P
Those shapes are wrong, as predicted. The nuances of the Forest-GT shape can't be got from a few pics (I'd like to know how many of my pics are on the Ran hard drive incdientally!)
ESP won't do the images, no, there is no doubt it wojld be copyrighted.
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

OmegaF
Anal Clipper

Post by OmegaF » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:24 am

brings back memories of my bat inlays :cry: