question

This is the place to talk about your Custom ESPs or ask questions about how to get yourself a Custom ESP.
NickLegit
Super senior

Post by NickLegit » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:10 pm

Its really a tough decision, because i could get a few more guitars for that price, I was at m local dealer today and i fell in love with a viper 1000. Great guitar, smooth neck and the quality was just great. I know its not in comparison to a custom esp but the price was great for what the instrument was you know

PT ESP
Senior

Post by PT ESP » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:45 pm

In unrelated news... fu*& Mark - that avatar... it almost seems wrong to see it here at work.

8)

AdamGBB
Senior

Post by AdamGBB » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Hey Nick!!!

Check out the buy and sell section, a member called Rickgk is selling a STUNNING custom horizon :D

Horizon body: check
2 humbuckers: check
Ebony fretboard: check
Cockstock: check

:) beautiful finish too.

EDIT:

Forgot to add,
String through: check
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/thrivaldi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BBL
Junior

Post by BBL » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:50 am

mrp5150 wrote:4-6 grand is just absolutely ridiculous for a guitar IMO. Yeah it's cool to have a custom guitar, but that's just unrealistically expensive for 99% of people.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all considering it would most likely be the best feeling/sounding instrument you will ever play! Besides the point you pay half up front then you have 6-8 months to pay it off. It's not that hard to save up money for at least the down payment unless you don't have a job. If you really want something go for it regardless of costs because you only live once.

mrp5150
Caparison Slut

Post by mrp5150 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:14 am

BBL wrote:
mrp5150 wrote:4-6 grand is just absolutely ridiculous for a guitar IMO. Yeah it's cool to have a custom guitar, but that's just unrealistically expensive for 99% of people.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all considering it would most likely be the best feeling/sounding instrument you will ever play! Besides the point you pay half up front then you have 6-8 months to pay it off. It's not that hard to save up money for at least the down payment unless you don't have a job. If you really want something go for it regardless of costs because you only live once.

Just because you pay $5000 for a guitar doesn't mean it's going to be a great guitar. I've played plenty of really expensive guitars that were awful and I've also played plenty of cheap guitars that sounded and played better than other high end stuff. You seem happy with the guitar and it's your money though, so its cool you're enjoying it.

BBL
Junior

Post by BBL » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:36 am

mrp5150 wrote:
BBL wrote:

Just because you pay $5000 for a guitar doesn't mean it's going to be a great guitar. I've played plenty of really expensive guitars that were awful and I've also played plenty of cheap guitars that sounded and played better than other high end stuff.

I didn't mean it like that, paying 5 grand for a guitar makes it automatically an amazing guitar and I agree with you. Sh*t, IMO, my ltd M 1000 played better then 5 grand + gibsons I've played. I'm just saying that anything custom shop should be nothing but amazing.

You seem happy with the guitar and it's your money though, so its cool you're enjoying it.

Yes, it's the best guitar I have ever heard/played in my entire life hands down. It's freakin unbelievable and IMO worth way more then I paid for it.

ps- I didn't pay anywhere near 4-6 grand for it. :)

indra13
Yo' daddy
My Rig: ESP Cygnus

Post by indra13 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:13 am

NickLegit wrote:Its really a tough decision, because i could get a few more guitars for that price, I was at m local dealer today and i fell in love with a viper 1000. Great guitar, smooth neck and the quality was just great. I know its not in comparison to a custom esp but the price was great for what the instrument was you know

The Viper-1000 is a great guitar. It's my first ESP/LTD guitar and I still have it til this day even if I have several ESP Originals in my arsenal already. It plays great and the neck and fretboard are just one of the smoothest. Looks sexy too IMO with the abalone inlays