Incoming NGD

Discuss Signature Series ESPs and LTDs past and present.
Trauts
Junior
My Rig: ESP JH-2
ESP NV STD Black
Gretsch White Falcon 6136T
Gibson Robot SG Cherry Red (For Sale)
Cole Clark FL-2AC

Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90 rack rig with:
TC Electronics G-Force
ART power conditioner
Line 6 G90 Wireless
(Peterson Stroborack) soon
(Dunlop DCR-2SR rack wah) soon

Incoming NGD

Post by Trauts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 am

Hey all,

This is a watch this space notice. I was planning on buying a guitar in Japan (still might) but something popped up that I couldn't say no to. It's in the post ATM, will post some pics etc as soon as I get it and stop grinning from ear to ear :D

If you can guess what it is before it gets here, you win.... a free 'Waving Smilie'!!!!! :smt006

Disclaimer:
This offer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, loud amps, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper shredding, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized use, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, removal of tag, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom, crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, crowd surfing, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB’s, paintball, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). The product you receive may not be the same as the one shown.

Hint: It's an ESP :shock:
Stuart

I'M THE DEVIL, I LOVE METAL!!!

Trauts
Junior
ESP NV STD Black
Cole Clark FL-2AC

TC Electronics G-Force
ART power conditioner
Line 6 G90 Wireless

Re: Incoming NGD

Post by Trauts » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:15 am

AND IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better photos in a few weeks, but for now, iPhone will make do.

I hope those photos work, I haven't uploaded to a forum before.

Anyway, I was hoping/planning to get an ESP Explorer or Snakebyte when I go to Japan in May, but this beauty popped up and I couldn't say no. It's been my dream guitar for about 6 years now, but they are so rarely for sale, and prohibitively expensive that I never thought I'd ever own one.

I initially thought that I would get this explorer, try it for a while, and decide before I go to Japan if I want to keep it or sell it for something else. Well that was the plan anyway. As soon as I opened the case I knew I could never sell this guitar. It's amazing!! :shock: !!! The action is perfect for me, no fret buzz anywhere when picked soft, a bit when I really dig in (so it's super low). Weirdly it smells like it's been in storage for ages, and is 100% mint. Trust me when I say my crappy photos don't do it justice :smt011 . If I didn't know any better I would say it's never been played before. There is not a single mark on it, not even those little swirls you get even from careful use. I'm actually scared to play it now, as I wanted a 'player's guitar' and I know that as soon as I start jamming with it, it will never be mint again.

But guitars were meant to be played, so I think I'll bite the bullet and play it (albeit very VERY carefully). It's pretty cool to think that these things are 15ish years old now too.

Unfortunately I only have a Vox Amplug (AC30) to play it through for the next couple of weeks until I get back home to the rest of my gear, but I am one happy camper :D
Stuart

indra13
Yo' daddy
My Rig: ESP Cygnus

Post by indra13 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Wow congrats! Looks like a keeper there 8-)

It was the same guitar I was lusting for when I was a kid.
Call me Indra :)

DELUHI 20/11/10
DELUHI 27/07/11
Leda 17/09/12
UNDIVIDE 20/10/12
UNDIVIDE 26/10/12

The best days of my life!

Trauts
Junior
ESP NV STD Black
Cole Clark FL-2AC

TC Electronics G-Force
ART power conditioner
Line 6 G90 Wireless

Post by Trauts » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:30 am

Thanks Indra. I found an Egnater Rebel 20 at a music room nearby that I got to use yesterday. The JH-2 totally rocked! Nice little amp too. I hadn't tried an EMG60 before so I was playing around with that for a while, got some sweet full clean sounds. I'm going to try and go back there as soon as I can
Stuart

M2k
Judge, Jury and Executioner
My Rig: Jet City JCA100HDM Head
Jet City JC212 cab
ESP OS Forest GT
80's Lawsuit LP
Schecter Demon 7FR
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Good Transactions
Fikealox
rmartin04
shockme.au

Post by M2k » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Trade you for an ESP Forest?
Haha just kidding, that's a beautiful JH-2 right there. I'd love to get one of these or any of the Het sigs from that time.
s_m_g wrote:Can someone translate this thread to guitar so I can understand what the hell you're all talking about?

I had Octoban once, it was kind of like calamari but a bit chewier.

Trauts
Junior
ESP NV STD Black
Cole Clark FL-2AC

TC Electronics G-Force
ART power conditioner
Line 6 G90 Wireless

Post by Trauts » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:04 am

Thanks mate :D . I don't mind the Forest shape, in my dream world I would have one for downtuned stuff (with a TOM type bridge). That said, the only thing I might swap the JH-2 for would be a white ESP Explorer. But that's a BIG 'might'. I love this guitar. I'm not sure why, maybe the bridge type (fixed vs. Kahler), but the JH-2 is a lot tighter and my ESP NV, even with the same bridge pickup.

Just out of curiosity, what colour is your forest?
Stuart

M2k
Judge, Jury and Executioner
My Rig: Jet City JCA100HDM Head
Jet City JC212 cab
ESP OS Forest GT
80's Lawsuit LP
Schecter Demon 7FR
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Good Transactions
Fikealox
rmartin04
shockme.au

Post by M2k » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:25 pm

I don't think I'd trade my forest either, it's what always wanted. Funny story is that it's only been owned by forum members, Ben bought it from Shane at Bmusic, Ryan bought it from Ben and now I have it
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/forum ... 11&t=14927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
s_m_g wrote:Can someone translate this thread to guitar so I can understand what the hell you're all talking about?

I had Octoban once, it was kind of like calamari but a bit chewier.