NGD: ESP LTD SC-207 w/ Lundgren M7

Discuss Signature Series ESPs and LTDs past and present.
Infilshredder
Junior
My Rig: Fractal AXE-FX II
Mackie HD1221
Voodoo Lab Ground Control

Agile Interceptor Pro 7 string

NGD: ESP LTD SC-207 w/ Lundgren M7

Post by Infilshredder » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Sup guys.
I hope it's OK to jump straight into the swing of things from my first post.

I finally received my Ltd SC-207 a week or so back and parted ways with it straight after getting it to have it set up with some thicker strings and a have a Lundgren M7 Pup installed in the bridge.

Lundgren pickups are made out of Sweden and the m7 was originally designed for Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah, they were they perfect choice for my new carpenter because they have a version of the m7 (LM7BC) in the 707 style cover. The M7 is really wound hot and for all of the high gain passive pickups claiming to be similar to the 81/ 85/ 707's, this one really delivers. It produces fat single notes, lots of low end and cutting highs but has much more defined and smooth mids then any active pickup I've played and full chords don't seem to mush together as much. These pickups are sweet, I'm planning on trying a few more in the future. http://www.lundgren.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Carpenter plays really well! The specs are pretty different from what I usually play but in my opinion it is one of the best lefty 7's for the price and I've found esp and ltd always have great build quality no matter what the price range. I am still getting used to the TOM bridge but I am slowly finding my way around it and feel comfortable on it. A lot of people talk down on basswood but i have found it to have a nice mid range and really tight low end.

Bolt-On Neck
25.5" Scale
Basswood Body
Maple Neck
rosewood Fingerboard
48mm Standard Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Chrome Hardware
TOM Bridge
ESP LH-307 neck and Lundgren LM7BC bridge
Black Finish
3-Way Switch

VVolverin3
Yo' daddy
My Rig: Changing all the time, but usually there's a few Caparisons in there

Re: NGD: ESP LTD SC-207 w/ Lundgren M7

Post by VVolverin3 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 am

That's awesome man, congrats! The SCs are sweet looking guitars, I've often wanted to pick up an SC-607 or something like that. I've also heard a lot of good things about that Lundgren pickup, seems like a very good pairing. :D
[Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

Chris_casket
Sub senior

Post by Chris_casket » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Welcome Zoran! the Lundgren sounds massive and the guitar looks awesome, just a pity its left handed!

Infilshredder
Junior
My Rig: Fractal AXE-FX II
Mackie HD1221
Voodoo Lab Ground Control

Agile Interceptor Pro 7 string

Post by Infilshredder » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 pm

hey fellas!! thanks for the kind words ;) lml