ESP EII, SS, LTD elites. Need answers.

Talk about your ESP and LTD guitars. Signature Series ESP and LTD models and Custom ESPs can be discussed in their respective forums also.
erased
Junior

ESP EII, SS, LTD elites. Need answers.

Post by erased » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:44 am

Soooooo, the EII replaced the standard series ESP's couple of years ago, before the EII replaced them, they had the ltd elites in production. So. What the hell is the difference between the ltd elites and the eII's?? Both guitars are made in japan, both have esp on the 12th fret, the both have identical serial number and the price difference was like 200-300 bucks. I've heard from ppl that the EII's arent even close to what en esp standard was before. Some ppl are saying the eII's are the same as the standard series esp's. And whats the deal with the eII name? What does it stand for? And the ltd elites, what was the deal with those??

raz311
Wrong Hander
My Rig: Evolving

Re: ESP EII, SS, LTD elites. Need answers.

Post by raz311 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:18 am

LTD Elites were the re-branded Edwards models from memory. The ones previously only available to the Japanese domestic market.
EII is exactly what you mentioned, the re-branded SS models. I'm sure Shane will correct me if I'm wrong but that's about the gist of it.
Either you're a part of the problem or you're a part of the solution. What's your contribution to life???

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin
My Rig: Cool shit

Re: ESP EII, SS, LTD elites. Need answers.

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:13 pm

LTD Elite and E-II and ESP Standards don't have the same serial numbers. They're marked according to what they were. LTD Elites fell between LTD 1000s and ESPs. ESP Standard Series and E-II are the same build quality and materials.
LTD Elites are finished, they were shortlived, and rightly so, people didn't want the LTD name if they were buying made in Japan. Didn't change the quality of the build, people just have set where LTDs are made and where the rest is made. Fair enough.
E-II might stand for ESP II, who knows, who cares.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook