JBHI now selling LTD and ESP

Talk about your ESP and LTD guitars. Signature Series ESP and LTD models and Custom ESPs can be discussed in their respective forums also.
tim613
Super senior
My Rig: Mesa TA30 2x12
Gibson Les Paul Trad
Gibson Sg Standard
Fender Offset Special
Fender Standard Strat

JBHI now selling LTD and ESP

Post by tim613 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Out of respect to Shane I am not going to post the link, what is happening in this country??? This will surely be making it hard for retailers to compete in the market :(

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin
My Rig: Cool shit

Re: JBHI now selling LTD and ESP

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:35 am

It is quite piss weak, quite. But I don't expect them to have any success, judging by the condition of the handful of guitars I've seen in JB Hi-Fi stores
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

rmartin04
Yo' daddy

Post by rmartin04 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Seems strange that on the one hand they want to move the ESP badge towards exclusivity with the whole changing of all that other business and then on the other hand make the brand less exclusive by selling it next to hannah montana washburns and the like.

Blunt
Not so junior

Post by Blunt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:18 pm

rmartin04 wrote:Seems strange that on the one hand they want to move the ESP badge towards exclusivity with the whole changing of all that other business and then on the other hand make the brand less exclusive by selling it next to hannah montana washburns and the like.
Well I guess over next few years it will if everything ESP SS gets badged as E-II and the only guitars carrying a ESP logo will be custom shops which i dont think JB would get in stock anyway .
Surprised no one has tried to do a big franchise music store with huge buying power like what goes on in the states , maybe this is sad move in that direction .

ShockMe.au
Beaver Roadie
My Rig: LTD KH Jr.
LTD KH Ouija.
LTD JH Truckster (Black)
LTD EC 400 VF
LTD EC 400 AT
DiMarzio modded Ibanez.
Ibanez Performance acoustic.

Laney LV300Twin.

Morpheus Drop Tune.
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Clapton Crossroads.
Tech 21 SansAmp GT-2 NYC
MXR Fullbore Metal.
MXR Black Label Chorus.
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
MXR Noise Clamp
Boss ME-6 and Metal Zone.

Gassin' for a Tubemeister 18, 36 or Grandmeister 36!

Post by ShockMe.au » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 pm

:shock:
The face of the JB sales person when you want it set up in C... (or set up at all...)
noob_pwn wrote:when i hear the term "tyrant bloodstorm" i think of my ex on the rag.
http://www.espguitars.com/users/1990076

Be EXCELLENT to each other and PARTY on Dudes!

VVolverin3
Yo' daddy
My Rig: Changing all the time, but usually there's a few Caparisons in there

Post by VVolverin3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Interesting news...

My local JB only had some.. god knows what... un-branded, $50 strat-clone. I can't even imagine seeing ESPs (and according to the online website PRS SEs) in there!
[Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Blunt wrote:
rmartin04 wrote:Seems strange that on the one hand they want to move the ESP badge towards exclusivity with the whole changing of all that other business and then on the other hand make the brand less exclusive by selling it next to hannah montana washburns and the like.
Well I guess over next few years it will if everything ESP SS gets badged as E-II and the only guitars carrying a ESP logo will be custom shops which i dont think JB would get in stock anyway .
Surprised no one has tried to do a big franchise music store with huge buying power like what goes on in the states , maybe this is sad move in that direction .
Doesn't often work in the US, well, none are really franchised. Guitar Center pays tens of millions more in interest payments every quarter than they make in profit. Hasn't turned an actual profit in 5 years I don't believe. Since Bain Capital borrowed $1.4 billion to buy it. Mars Music had a go, long gone. Best Buy has largely given up on it's musical instrument attempt. Sweetwater is a single location but has a history built on sound reinforcement and so on.
Billy Hydes attempted to franchise, got five stores in SA and within two years all had pulled out. Then they sold to Al&^%s and we all know what happened there. It's just not an industry consumed by enough people and offering enough margin for these things to work.

And Ryan, I said EXACTLY the same thing regarding the prestige when they put ONE model of ESP in there, one. They have the Horizon HRF NT in Reindeer Blue. One fucking model for Christ's sake, how does that make them a place to buy ESP???? Anyway, I don't see it lasting. Look at Harvey Norman, taking brands no one else really wants for the most part, and then not being able to help themselves but to job in their own "facsimiles" of instruments in their PlayMaker range which has instruments that very closely resemble the First Act stuff in Toys 'R Us because they think they're the same thing and they can make more money out of them.

JB will do exactly the same thing, look for more profit somewhere, and in this caper, forget it 8-)
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

ShockMe.au
Beaver Roadie
My Rig: LTD KH Jr.
LTD KH Ouija.
LTD JH Truckster (Black)
LTD EC 400 VF
LTD EC 400 AT
DiMarzio modded Ibanez.
Ibanez Performance acoustic.

Laney LV300Twin.

Morpheus Drop Tune.
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Clapton Crossroads.
Tech 21 SansAmp GT-2 NYC
MXR Fullbore Metal.
MXR Black Label Chorus.
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
MXR Noise Clamp
Boss ME-6 and Metal Zone.

Gassin' for a Tubemeister 18, 36 or Grandmeister 36!

Post by ShockMe.au » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Lucky I only buy from Shane. :D
noob_pwn wrote:when i hear the term "tyrant bloodstorm" i think of my ex on the rag.
http://www.espguitars.com/users/1990076

Be EXCELLENT to each other and PARTY on Dudes!

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:25 pm

^ Like :-D
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

Blunt
Not so junior

Post by Blunt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:32 am

guitarsatbmusic wrote: Billy Hydes attempted to franchise, got five stores in SA and within two years all had pulled out. Then they sold to Al&^%s and we all know what happened there. It's just not an industry consumed by enough people and offering enough margin for these things to work.
Forgot about Billy Hydes , We had about 3 in SEQ all gone i think . And i understand what you mean about a industry consumed by enough people and offering enough margin for these things to work . And i wondered if the industry slowly gets smaller .
I remember in my teens ( 20years ago ) there where alot more well stocked music shops around and i think it was more common for young people to play back then . These days most are shut or are not the store they once where . I have wondered if there really is less kids ,teens and people in general picking up a musical instruments these days . Makes me wonder why JB would make a move into a tough market .

esp_eraser
Yo' daddy
My Rig: Guitars n shit

Good deals with:
Bmusic
Frohike
Stu
phil
Moyesy
halford

Post by esp_eraser » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 pm

I remember those days too Blunt, a few of us do.
As for if there's less kids playing, I don't have the answer but the internet is full of them on youtube and forums conversing with others. At this stage I'd say its probably healthy but in regards to purchases of equipment. More People hit the second hand market than ever before- thanks to the net.its all just a keyboard away.

In my day as a teenager I used the trading post and drooled over guitars in my guitarworld mags.
For arguments sake you can pick up a horizon or eclipse ss for a lil over a grand s/hand makes it difficult for a retailer. When a kid jumps on and see the price difference.

In regards to JB and these are just my thoughts, perhaps JB hifi sense there is a small gap in the market they could target. With the closure of so many music retailers particularly guitar shops there is enough room to test the waters at this stage anyway. Like anything JB has done in their history when expanding they put it out there. Let em bite and if they bite hard enough they will feed em more.

Personally I say fuck JB hifi got sick of their shit service years ago.
I don't need some wanker with trendy square rimmed glasses, expander earings and wearing his gran's cartigan asking if I need help with an ltd or prs se

My local shopping centre had a guitar shop for years- maybe 15 or more. Forced out probably due to rent hikes, within weeks jb hifi had prs, and ltd's maybe coincidence. But the guitarshop with real musos who know their shit and have families to feed have been pusjed a couple of k's down the road in shits creek while jb pedal these guitars (quality irrevalant) there's no service or knowledge behind it. Nor is there ample accesories etc etc- end of rant

Stay true to your proven muso shops- :smt006 like Shane for example

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 am

Thanks mate 8-)
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook