Laiho's new guitar by edwards ?

Discussion on all things related to ESP Japanese sub-brand Edwards
Guy in Latvia
Neighborhood Butcher

Post by Guy in Latvia » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:41 am

in terms of spex its the same, but the build quality and materials will be different to the CS version

zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Lol, I know that. You didn't understand my question, I wasn't clear enought I think.

I was asking is the pink color used for the edwards is the same pink color used for the CS ? ( because the white colors in the Edwards Scythe and in the CS Sythe are not exactly the same, so the pink colors could be different ).

Guy in Latvia
Neighborhood Butcher

Post by Guy in Latvia » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:37 pm

ok, well i cant answer that, only someone whose seen both guitars up close can say that...

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin
My Rig: Cool shit

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:47 am

I was asking is the pink color used for the edwards is the same pink color used for the CS ? ( because the white colors in the Edwards Scythe and in the CS Sythe are not exactly the same, so the pink colors could be different ).
This is the same for the Edwards and Signature Series Scythe, not the same for the CS, but it's also true for a number of models in Signature Series that aren't the same white as their Custom Shop counterparts, Hanneman included. I wouldn't think the pink would be any different.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

Luna_Sea
Now guit tech to the stars

Post by Luna_Sea » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:12 am

I played the guitar yesterday afternoon.

Looks great, the pink is nice, close to the original model.

Honestly it looks really nice, especially for COB fans.

Guy in Latvia
Neighborhood Butcher

Post by Guy in Latvia » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:42 am

Luna_Sea wrote:I played the guitar yesterday afternoon.

Looks great, the pink is nice, close to the original model.

Honestly it looks really nice, especially for COB fans.
cool! what can u say about quality compared to an SV? hows the new cutaway and how is it overall?

Luna_Sea

Post by Luna_Sea » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:44 am

The cutaway is great.
The guitar is really light and sound very good for the price. But I think the SV will be better built with a more "body" than the SV.

Edwards are great, close to the ESP Std if we talk about the built quality, but they don't match them for the sound part.

Guy in Latvia
Neighborhood Butcher

Post by Guy in Latvia » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:47 am

ahh ok, then i wont bother in investing into one. pretty happy with the sv, if it only didnt have the lame dot inlays and better upper access...

zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:39 pm

Hey !

I wanted to know what did you think about the last 5 scalloped frets ? Are they well made ?

I think I'm going to purchase one one of these days, looking for pictures on the net.

Something I've notice : why doesn't it have the black thing which hides the springs, whereas the other Edwards have it ?

lolomgwtfbbq!!!
Yo' daddy

Post by lolomgwtfbbq!!! » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:40 pm

zman wrote:Hey !

I wanted to know what did you think about the last 5 scalloped frets ? Are they well made ?

I think I'm going to purchase one one of these days, looking for pictures on the net.

Something I've notice : why doesn't it have the black thing which hides the springs, whereas the other Edwards have it ?
trem cavity cover??? maybe cos Alexi doesn't have it on his guitars
you can call me Phil if you want to
and the knot in the back adds caractor...i even have a proper Shamalama Ding Dong custom here with 4 knots on the front that will also blow any other custom guitar away for the purpose its been made for..

Luna_Sea

Post by Luna_Sea » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Of course they are ;)

OmegaF
Anal Clipper

Post by OmegaF » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:06 am

lolomgwtfbbq!!! wrote:

trem cavity cover??? maybe cos Alexi doesn't have it on his guitars
damn, no playing the guitar naked then. guess what could happen if you use the tremolo.

zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:02 am

:-) :-) :-)

And if it is a female playing ???? :wink:

lolomgwtfbbq!!!, Alexi doesn't have tremolo cavity covers but on the E-AL 128, there is one. So why not on the E-AL 166.... :smt017 :smt102

SadButTruely
Junior

Post by SadButTruely » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:36 am

Yes, I have one :)

zman
Not so junior

Re: Laiho's new guitar by edwards ?

Post by zman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Sorry I'm late writing a response.

SadButTruely, why don't you post plenty of pics ??? Might interest some of us here...