Laiho's new guitar by edwards ?

Discussion on all things related to ESP Japanese sub-brand Edwards
zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:44 am

Yeah, the Arrow Head was awesome, way better than Sawtooth ( for me ) but I think the pink one is more original, not everybody will have it, not like the Sawtooth or the Scythe.

But I think I will get a ESP Arrow Head Custom in a long long time. Because I want it "perfect", I want it CS :evil: not edwards ( even if edwards are awesome ), but I have to save money, a lot of money :(

dawn of the shred
Junior

Post by dawn of the shred » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:48 am

i wanted the Arrow Head..to go with my Scythe...but the pink will work..
my edwards plays great .plays great...and i have played. esp,ltd,gibson,caparison,fender,jackson,ibanez,washburn,this guitar i would not trade for any of them. wait i would take a caparison :-D
esp 103fm
Washburn Dimebag model-Dimebolt
fender fat strat
Madison Divinity 12 combo
Maxon 808
Isp Decimator
Snake Oil Brand Strings.10-52

zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:35 am

Oh no, I wanna be the only one who has it :cry: :cry: :cry:

DO NOT BUY IT !!!!

Just kidding. Well, too bad for the Arrow Head, but the pink sawtooth is more original, I think.

Running Wild
Junior

Post by Running Wild » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:46 pm

zman wrote:Oh no, I wanna be the only one who has it :cry: :cry: :cry:

DO NOT BUY IT !!!!

Just kidding. Well, too bad for the Arrow Head, but the pink sawtooth is more original, I think.
I really dislike the yellow bevels of the Arrow Head, it reminds me of the USA Alexi model (white bevels would fit it better imho). The Jackson RR24 looks better with the yellow bevels and also looks like more Alexi´s old Jackson rhoads.
Better go with a Scythe or a Sawtooth (or with both 8) :-D )

zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Yeah, I can understand you dislike it, but it is way better than the us alexi model... Look at the shape, it's almost like king V... That is something i don't understand, why do the ESP US Alexi models are closer to King V than RR ? I know it's because of a license owned by Jackson but the ESP JP Alexi models are closer to RR thanb King V so... :roll:

Just wondering...

P.S : better than RR24 : Jackson Star J2SP. Wayyyy better.

Running Wild
Junior

Post by Running Wild » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:22 am

Yesterday I received my Edwards Alexi Scythe and I´m really impressed of this guitar. It blows my Jackson RR3 away (the Jackson is equipped with a Dimebucker, but the Edwards features far better wood).
The neck is ergonomic, plays very smooth and you don´t get stuck on it (nice lacquer).
I really love the original Floyd Rose and the superb sound of this axe (really bright and aggressive sound).

The workmanship is really good (the inlays are looking great) , but not perfect.
There are a few tiny flaws but they´re only noticeable if you take a closer look on it (the saddle and the jack-input for example, they don´t fit the body perfectly).
Anything else is excellent.
The guitar is really good balanced compared to my Jackson RR3 or other V´style guitars.

Also Straplocks and an ESP gigbag was included.
I really love this guitar and it worth every penny, but you shouldn´t expect the quality of a real ESP guitar.

I´m glad that I bought it. I would buy it again everytime 8)

Guy in Latvia
Neighborhood Butcher

Post by Guy in Latvia » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Running Wild wrote:Yesterday I received my Edwards Alexi Scythe and I´m really impressed of this guitar. It blows my Jackson RR3 away (the Jackson is equipped with a Dimebucker, but the Edwards features far better wood).
The neck is ergonomic, plays very smooth and you don´t get stuck on it (nice lacquer).
I really love the original Floyd Rose and the superb sound of this axe (really bright and aggressive sound).

The workmanship is really good (the inlays are looking great) , but not perfect.
There are a few tiny flaws but they´re only noticeable if you take a closer look on it (the saddle and the jack-input for example, they don´t fit the body perfectly).
Anything else is excellent.
The guitar is really good balanced compared to my Jackson RR3 or other V´style guitars.

Also Straplocks and an ESP gigbag was included.
I really love this guitar and it worth every penny, but you shouldn´t expect the quality of a real ESP guitar.

I´m glad that I bought it. I would buy it again everytime 8)
good to hear, i have an ESP SV, but im looking into maybe getting the pink laiho edwards :-D

krazylobster
Yo' daddy

Post by krazylobster » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:04 am

I are drunk.

zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:35 am

Guy in Bruxelles wrote: good to hear, i have an ESP SV, but im looking into maybe getting the pink laiho edwards :-D

Be carefull.
First, you might be disapointed, you can't compare an Edwards Signature model with an ESP SV, the ESP SV is better in term of quality ( even thought the Edwards are awesome ).
Furthermore, the neck on the Edwards is smaller than the one on the ESP SV Std. I don't know if it's the one you have, but it's the more current one. So if you are used to "fat" necks, you'll have to get used to something else. Trust me, I have an Edwards and I've played on SV standard since I am french so we can try it in the music stores, we can find it.
And finally, on the Pinksawtooth, there are scalopped frets. It might disturb your playing, I suggest you to try a guitar with scalloped frets. That's what I did with a friend. I loved it ( fortunately ) but he didn't. So if you don't and if you buy that guitar you might be disapointed.

This was just to inform you. I am not trying to prevent you from buying it. And also I'm sorry if I said bullshits but the neck story struck me. I'm 99% sure it is bigger on the ESP SV std.

shramiac
Junior

Post by shramiac » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:43 pm

The only pink vee should be a Vinnie Vincent model :-D Long live the Pyro Messiah....where ever he is :cry:

Guy in Latvia
Neighborhood Butcher

Post by Guy in Latvia » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:06 pm

hey zman, tnx for the info i know what scallops are like and i dont like them, but i doubt theyll make the pink v with the exact same spex as the ESP version, it might be a bit 2 costly. either way its just something i want to try for fun, id probly sell it later anyway...

zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:07 am

Guy in Bruxelles wrote:hey zman, tnx for the info i know what scallops are like and i dont like them, but i doubt theyll make the pink v with the exact same spex as the ESP version, it might be a bit 2 costly. either way its just something i want to try for fun, id probly sell it later anyway...
On the contrary, I think they'll make the same specs, and it would be more expensive than the usual Edwards with booster.
That's what I think, I don't see the point making the same guitar as the Sawtooth with just a different color. In my opinion, it will have scalloped frets, bigger cutaway and the booster.

Guy in Latvia
Neighborhood Butcher

Post by Guy in Latvia » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:33 pm

that would make the purchase worth it for me :lol:

zman
Not so junior

Post by zman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:19 am

Yeah, of course. But it will be more expensive, that's for sure.
In my opinion something around 1000 euros might be the price.

Let's start to save !!!! :?

Guy in Latvia
Neighborhood Butcher

Post by Guy in Latvia » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:58 am

haha indeed.

btw do u know any1 interested in a mint black ESP SV?