PRS Single Cut w/ Charles Cilia custom wound Hell hound and Trinity pick-ups
Bogner Uberschall w/ Uberkab V30 & G12T75 in X pattern
Spawn Pro Mod (modded by FJA) w/ Peavey XXX cab
Peavey 6505
50's Fender Princeton

Good Transactions w/ Frohike, raz311

Re: The UFC thread -

Post by Edes01 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:15 pm

I would but I'll be at Times of Grace, Shadows Fall, Chimaira and Machine Head.
Cain's a great guy - had a beer with him after he KO'd Nog in Sydney a couple of years ago.

tollund23
Stoodley Explorer
My Rig: Splawn Pro Mod
Framus CS 2x12
Egnater Tweaker 15 1x12 Combo
Tokai LP
Custom Explorer
Martin Australian Series
Seagull S6 Original

Post by tollund23 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 am

I once saw BJ Penn at the airport...
Venisti remanebis donec denuo completus sis

Stu
Yo' daddy
My Rig: ESP and E-II baby!

Post by Stu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:11 am

While picking Steve Grimmett up from the airport, I bumped into this guy.

Guitarist for Death Dealer - also featuring Ross the Boss and Rhino (ex-Manowar), Mike Davis (Halford) and the screaming weapon Sean Peck.
Debut cd unleashed June 14.

"The album Judas Priest should have released after Painkiller".. Powermetal.de

http://www.deathdealer.co" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rmartin04
Yo' daddy

Post by rmartin04 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:22 am

I don't know if it is sad or hilarious that you look like more a mean dude than what Shields does. Did you ask him if he knows who Jake Ellenberger is now?

Stu
Yo' daddy

Post by Stu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:58 am

Classic! - I hate my stupid face.. Thanks to being a tad star struck and taking the shot myself with a shakey arm.

While I am not a big fan, he was really nice in person and very happy to chat.
Guitarist for Death Dealer - also featuring Ross the Boss and Rhino (ex-Manowar), Mike Davis (Halford) and the screaming weapon Sean Peck.

rmartin04
Yo' daddy

Post by rmartin04 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:37 am

So what did we think of the Aussie card? I thought there was alot of good fights, some great ones too. I thought McCall had clearly beaten Johnson. It's funny with the sudden death round and the tournament progressing riding on there not being a draw they still managed to end up with a draw.

I think James Te-huna needs to be fighting better competition than Aaron Rosa. Maybe no one like Gustafsson but someone somewhere up the ladder.

This card and there being three hours of prelims really made it stand out for me how much harder the undercard guys go at it more so than some guys in the main events. I guess when you have alot to gain by winning and not too much to lose you go for it.

Blunt
Not so junior

Post by Blunt » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Some great fights . My only let down was Kyle Noke and alves losing there fights . Thiago fought really well up till those last 40-50secs , i have no idea why he took kampman to ground , he was dazed and covering if alves just hung back and picked his shots it would off been UD or tko win, but comebacks like that make MMA a great sport to watch.
Been a fan of james te-hunna since i 1st seen him fight many years ago , It was a mma match in australia under pride rules , james took on a fighter from japan and got his shoulder dislocated during the fight . James got his corner to pop it back in and he continued to fight eventually getting a UD win , tough as guts ! Was a good strong win for him yesterday .
The undercard fighters always go for it ! They have to much lose otherwise 1 or 2 loses or boring fights and you could be out of the ufc , 1 or 2 exciting fights/wins and they could be next big thing !
I thought for free event is was great !

rmartin04
Yo' daddy

Post by rmartin04 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Roy Nelson saying he'll drop to 205 if he can get 100000 likes on facebook, at 32000 so far. I think he could wreck anyone at 205, think of that chin on a fit body that doesn't get gassed from weighing a ton getting beaten the shit out of by a bigger stronger guy.

rmartin04
Yo' daddy

Post by rmartin04 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Well roy is fighting Big Foot Silva, so maybe 205 will have to wait.

Speaking of 205 after a week or two of Rampage rubbishing the UFC, carrying on about a bunch of crap and generally being a dick Dana has today confirmed that Rampage's last fight in the UFC will be against Shogun later this year.

Blunt
Not so junior

Post by Blunt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Big foot will be a tough fight for roy , but i would never count roy out !
Rampage Vs Shogun II that sounds awesome , i hope rampage goes in hungry for revenge as he got destroyed in there 1st fight .

Stu
Yo' daddy

Post by Stu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 am

Rampage is creating alot of controversy lately but not fighting the way he used too. Shogun has been a shadow of his former self as well..

I have converted Steve Grimmett into the UFC, we watched a heap of fights and he was totally hooked. Always good to bring people to the dark side.

What does everyone make of the new format for the TUF shows? I reckon the single 5 minute round might end up being a future inclusion even into prelims.

rmartin04
Yo' daddy

Post by rmartin04 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:10 am

Well gents with UFC 146 looming as an all heavy weight main event and in the wake of a suprise drug test after a press conference last week Alistair Overeem has *shock* tested positive for steroids. Which means it completely fucks up the card with Dana so far saying he has no plan B, so it'll be interesting to see who fights whom moving forward.

Also of note is that one of my last ill advised bets was on Brock to beat Overeem, so in the wake of Brock going back to the WWE after retiring from fighting for health reasons AND Overeem being confirmed on the juice I am none to happy about the money I lost.

tollund23
Stoodley Explorer
My Rig: Splawn Pro Mod
Framus CS 2x12
Egnater Tweaker 15 1x12 Combo
Tokai LP
Custom Explorer
Martin Australian Series
Seagull S6 Original

Post by tollund23 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:47 pm

It was probably tainted horse meat that made Overeem test positive. They guy just has a naturally ripped 265lb physique, you can't crucify him for his genetics.
Venisti remanebis donec denuo completus sis

rmartin04
Yo' daddy

Post by rmartin04 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Looks like Mir fights JDS now, Cain fights Silva and Nelson fights Mitrione again.

Overeem will just go back to bashing cans in second rate promotions. Didn't even give himself a chance to prove otherwise.

Blunt
Not so junior

Post by Blunt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Damn i think mir will get his head smashed in by JDS
We all knew reem was a juicer , i wondered how long it was going to be after he got signed to ufc he test positive . Its a shame i wanted to see him and JDS go toe to toe .