Gather 'round my friends - It's Christmas!

Competitions, promotions, new model announcements, delivery times, and more.
guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin
My Rig: Cool shit

Gather 'round my friends - It's Christmas!

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm

"So this is Christmas, and what have you done?" So goes the song :)
Well, seems a lot has happened to a good deal of my friends on the bmusic boards in this past year, for some musically and others personally, and so it will go on again next year. I do believe even some more marriages potentially in 2012 (or thereabouts)!

I've noted some significant accomplishments from some old friends here in their respective bands with Josh and the Northlane guys, Blake and The Lockhearts getting their cool new release out, Dave with Deliverance We Prey, and Dave personally with his new booking agency. Sam has also been doing some cool stuff with his Black Ocean Agency and feverishly reviewing album after album, and more. The Orpheus lads have continued to grow, and there are many more guys and girls making their way forward.

I understand some of our European friends have also been kicking goals in their bands and would love to see them get far enough to bring it down under one day. Llexi continues to get amazing names to collaborate with him in Eternal Descent and has no doubt many, many new and cool things to come.

As with every year Stu continues to bring the wider music community around the world closer with his astounding projects. With music in mind Dan has further progressed his new business, Silent Underground Studios and really seems to be all over what can be achieved with the power of the internet in the field he's thrown himself into.

Kudos to all of them and to all who are continuing to make strides musically and professionally.

Others have continued their studies in music with great things ahead and those Lord chaps have set their sights on a big 2012. Some of us have played more this year than last, some less, but we're all still existing with music as our core, for the most part! I'm excited for all those guys and what the future holds for them, and for all of us.

There have been amongst us, as with every year, life changes, job changes, relationship changes, any manner of ups and downs, and it never ceases to amaze me that with so much going on, music and all that goes into listening to and creating our music is something we share as a constant throughout and we seem to be able to retire to here and like places in harmony and
forget about it all. Well, the subject of music and, judging from that mega-thread I know nothing of, the UFC!

Me, I've been asked to play again in a band this past year, actually was asked a few times throughout the year, and who knows, maybe I'll find the time in 2012. My chops sure as shit need it! I'm going to take the time over the Christmas break to set up a new rig at home based around the Tubemeister and get some of the stuff in my head out, if only to make more much needed space in there! Why I'm migrating to small wattage amps more and more I can't actually quantify, because whenever I get a moment alone in the car these days I put some of the heaviest stuff I have on the stereo and turn it up to what surely must be bloody loud to someone who didn't spend 15 years or so stood in front of a 2203 stack. And in case you were wondering, no, I don't drive with the windows down and my number plate doesn't rattle! :) Alas, I think the old ears are on the southside of their heyday, but no matter, there's still room left at the end of the dial! Perhaps the lower wattage stuff is to ensure my kids have enough ears left when they're old enough to go through the joys the old man had with those 2203s.

On that subject, Layne took up guitar this year, of his own volition with his best little mate, and I'm enjoying teaching the pair of them together. Been many, many moons since I taught young kids, so I took a couple of weeks to get my mojo back there, but they're having fun, and I intend to keep it that way.

This year has been not dissimilar to last year in terms of the gear world, not a huge amount of new stuff coming out and punters largely clutching their wallets, but some companies are tentatively branching out again and preparing to take some more risks with their releases. We still managed to wrap our mitts around some gorgeous guitars before they went to their rightful owners, so any year I get to do that is a good year.

Some companies are asking some big numbers from their distributors around the world that simply will not materialise and I will be fascinated to see who they blame for it when it doesn't. Who knows what will work in 2012, but forcing more sales on distributors without coming up with something that someone wants to buy is one thing that has no show of working in the world we live in today. Some distributors locally, and in other countries, have begun making some very questionable decisions on how they see their future delivery of product to the marketplace, another reaction to the current times that will also be interesting to see play out. Some stores are doing some odd things too, but maybe I'm just old school. The way I see it, we don't sell "SKUs" (that's "Stock Keeping Units") or digits on accountant's ledgers, we sell some of the coolest shit there is, in any industry, and we should see it as such! Maybe I should have a computer with barcodes that are for "MCS" (More Cool Shit).

The more things change, the more they stay the same though, amazingly. The ups and downs of this industry bear it out. For all the smart cookies in positions way more important than mine in the industry, I am intrigued when I sense their "Wow, this internet thing with overseas stuff is pretty full on isn't it?" attitudes to this day. In our eleventh year we are now, and from day ONE the internet was a primary consideration for us and I saw us competing with a global market. I got shitcanned and blamed for stuffing up the market and for everything under the sun. Well, looky here, we're now competing in a global market. Dicks :)

Enough of that, there always have been and always will be such dicks.

I'm looking forward to seeing this Kemper affair finally landing soon, and the new Egnater Armageddon early in the new year. I have seen the releases ESP have for NAMM and there's a fair shift there that I will watch with great interest. And I have been over the Caparison line-up, but what will happen there, I'm still very much on the fence. The pricing perception of that brand
was damaged terribly by Kyowa Shokai and their back-dooring whilst sliding into bankruptcy. Time will hopefully heal that for them, Itaru deserves for it to recover as he did nothing but conceive and create guitars whilst all that was going on around him.

With our new site now live we can concentrate on looking around to see what else is out there in 2012, doing some initiatives that carries further the philosophies I've had from day one, plenty to come up with I'm sure. That site took around six months of this year, and most all of it after hours, so I was pretty toasted at the end of it. The break will give me a chance to recharge and hit it again afresh at the start of the New Year. I am very glad so many people have reacted so positively to the new site, most all of you know how long it took to START to make it, and when I finally got cracking it rolled along pretty well. I thank all of you who helped me along the way and those who have given their feedback and assistance throughout the build and since the launch. It has been invaluable.

This time of year is very special to me, for many reasons. For being able to spend time with my family and reconnect with them after they put up with me working day and night all year long, for being able to catch up with friends it seems I haven't seen in a year (and probably haven't!) To find out what's been going on in their lives, their ups and downs, to relax and enjoy their company.
And importantly, to be able to again write to you all and thank you ever so humbly for the support you have given bmusic and me, throughout this year and all the years. As most of you well know, without you, we don't exist. At the core of it, it boils down to things like my boys wouldn't be finding that trampoline in their yard this Christmas morning and proceed to bounce buggery out of it. Ssshh, don't tell 'em, Santas still building it! Let's hope he lays off the grog long enough Christmas Eve to finish it. I'll never be able to thank you all enough, I do hope that you know how very much it means to me. I also get the opportunity to publically thank Mark for his continued friendship and the part he plays in making it all possible, he's been an important part of bmusic for a long time and a great support throughout.

I wish you all the most wonderful of Festive Seasons and truly hope 2012 rewards you all emotionally, professionally, and musically and that we can continue to share in it all through our mutual love and respect of music and everything that goes along with being obsessed by it. Adieu, my great friends, and all the very best of wishes to you and your loved ones. Have a blast, stay safe, and have one for me hey? I'll be doing the same for you.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

xBig Alx
Apprentice Luthier
Apprentice Luthier
My Rig: An guitar.

Re: Gather 'round my friends - It's Christmas!

Post by xBig Alx » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Happy fuckin' Christmas to you and yours Shane-san!
Troy Destroy wrote:Big Al: Serial Joke Murderer
Circle of Metalheads on this board -->O .<-- Me, .<-- Shockers

I'm back, but not Straight Edge.
Fuck yeah.

hermz
Amp-addicted Sandgroper
My Rig: I buy what Shane tells me to.

Post by hermz » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:42 pm

I always enjoy reading these.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and and best of luck in the new year!

indra13
Yo' daddy
My Rig: ESP Cygnus

Post by indra13 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 am

Thanks Shane for taking the time to write these every year 8-) A pleasure reading it and sets me up for a more positive attitude towards the end of year festivities.

Merry Christmas Shane, Mark and Bmusic. I'll make sure to get MCS from you guys in the new year.

And you fellow forumites too! Have a great Christmas and take care for those out and about!
Call me Indra :)

DELUHI 20/11/10
DELUHI 27/07/11
Leda 17/09/12
UNDIVIDE 20/10/12
UNDIVIDE 26/10/12

The best days of my life!

Dave
Moderator/Wrong Hander
My Rig: ET Katana FX7
Axe FX II > Mackie HD 1531

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 am

Thanks for the mention Shane, really appreciate it dude, love this forum, love the dudes on it, and love these messages each year!

Happy Christmas Shane, hope its a good one for you and the family. Also to everyone else merry christmas!! :)
devriescustomguitars wrote:nothing wrong with the trem route...even if there was, it makes no difference to how it sounds.
:lol:

My band: SERIES

For Fans of Textures, Devin Townsend, Gojira andMeshuggah

Llexileon
Sub senior

Post by Llexileon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:07 am

And a very Merry Christmas to you too sir!

There is no store i'd rather do business with when it comes to guitars ;) Thanks for being an endless source of advice and experience! Guitars and gear aside, it's always a pleasure to catch up on all things down under. I apologise for being a little snowed under of late - looking forward to an exciting 2012 and i have no doubt you'll have a part to play as always!

Hope you have a happy and healthy New Year - all the best to you & the Bmusic family.

Cheers!

Llexi

jmplexi
Junior

Post by jmplexi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:42 am

Shane,

That was a good read, thanks for taking the time to share that with us all.

I hope you and your famaily have a happy christmas and a great new year.

I am sure I will be seeing you next year to buy some more stuff.

Cheers

Jmplexi

M2k
Judge, Jury and Executioner
My Rig: Jet City JCA100HDM Head
Jet City JC212 cab
ESP OS Forest GT
80's Lawsuit LP
Schecter Demon 7FR
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Good Transactions
Fikealox
rmartin04
shockme.au

Post by M2k » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:24 am

Merry christmas Shane, Mark and everyone else on this forum and all a good new year.
s_m_g wrote:Can someone translate this thread to guitar so I can understand what the hell you're all talking about?

I had Octoban once, it was kind of like calamari but a bit chewier.

raz311
Wrong Hander
My Rig: Evolving

Post by raz311 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:07 pm

TL;DR :-D
Either you're a part of the problem or you're a part of the solution. What's your contribution to life???

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:11 pm

:-)
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the sentiments and good wishes 8-)
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

raz311
Wrong Hander
My Rig: Evolving

Post by raz311 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Hahaha just kidding. Thanks again for the awesome work that you guys (the entire bmusic team) do. Although I, like many, haven't posted as much as usual, I still check the boards everyday and it's one of the first things I read each morning or night when I get home from work.
So Merry Christmas to Shane and Mark (and families). I hope you all have a safe and prosperous New Year and enjoy many bevvies!!! Oh and thanks for the kick arse ESP Horizon!!! :)
Either you're a part of the problem or you're a part of the solution. What's your contribution to life???

ShockMe.au
Beaver Roadie
My Rig: LTD KH Jr.
LTD KH Ouija.
LTD JH Truckster (Black)
LTD EC 400 VF
LTD EC 400 AT
DiMarzio modded Ibanez.
Ibanez Performance acoustic.

Laney LV300Twin.

Morpheus Drop Tune.
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Clapton Crossroads.
Tech 21 SansAmp GT-2 NYC
MXR Fullbore Metal.
MXR Black Label Chorus.
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
MXR Noise Clamp
Boss ME-6 and Metal Zone.

Gassin' for a Tubemeister 18, 36 or Grandmeister 36!

Post by ShockMe.au » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Merry Christmas Shane, Mark and all the forumites.
I sincerely hope everyone has a happy and safe Christmas and a proserous New Year.
I am looking forward to my annual visit Shane-san! Should have lots of Tube Meister goodness... (you will be mine mark my words!)
Rock on Folks -Eat, drink and be merry!
\m/> <\m/
Last edited by ShockMe.au on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noob_pwn wrote:when i hear the term "tyrant bloodstorm" i think of my ex on the rag.
http://www.espguitars.com/users/1990076

Be EXCELLENT to each other and PARTY on Dudes!

DwangTwang
Yo' daddy

Post by DwangTwang » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Being a person that was raised in a household with a family that has INSANELY UNBEARABLE sentiment / stress / importance etc on the Christmas holiday I have, sadly, become quite unattached to the notion of Christmas.

However, reading this post has even put a smile on my face and brought me closer to feeling "Christmasy" than I have in a very LONG time!!

Thank you to Shane for honestly being the DAMN GREATEST salesman that I've ever had the good fortune of dealing with!!

It's not often you call a Store to purchase a product with your hard earned cash and -

1; have the guy on the other end actually know who you are.
2; have the guy on the other end know pretty much every detail about what your trying to purchase.
3; feel happy to be sending said hard earned cash to a sales dude that has without a doubt earned each and every sale.
and MOST importantly -
4; Feel like the dude your talking to on the other end is a close mate!!
( Who else would open a MXR Rack Gate just to take photos and email em back to ya?? :D )

So a MASSIVE thanks to Shane for everything you've done for me these past few years -

Wishing you and you're loved ones all the best in 2012 and an excellent Christmas and enjoy a fucking well deserved break mate!!!

Cheers man,

Daniel-
Silent Underground Studio
Online Recording Studio
...an eStudio for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime...
http://www.silentundergroundstudio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin

Post by guitarsatbmusic » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Oh that makes me thirsty! And I already have a beer in my hand, is that even possible?! Thanks Dan, means a lot mate
www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

noob_pwn
Ibanez fiend
My Rig: 101001110011
endorsing:
Bareknuckle pickups
ET guitars
Ibanez guitars

Post by noob_pwn » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:02 am

Thanks mate do appreciate it and I hope you have a great christmas. I do apologise for my lack of posting on the board & didn't quite get to Adelaide early enough the other week to drop in but I endeavor to do so at the first opportunity. Thanks for all the straploks and I look forward to catching up when the opportunity presents itself!
TLITD69 wrote: Kirk's terrible, Metallica suck, sold out, are sue-happy, haven't made any impact on anyone, and generally shouldn't even make music... :roll: