Bare Knuckle Warpigs

Talk about the rest of the rig - amps, effects, valves, leads, wireless set-ups, racks, anything that brings out the best in your axes.
Coreyadelaide88
Not so junior
My Rig: Peavey 5150II
Orange 2 x12
ISP Decimator
Keeley Mod Ibanez TS808
Keeley Mod Ibanez AD9
Mogami Cables

Bare Knuckle Warpigs

Postby Coreyadelaide88 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Anyone here know how these compare to Seymour Duncan Ahb-2's in regards to output??

schmitzel88
Yo' daddy
My Rig: Caparison TAT-II Frozen Sky
ESP M7 Original Series
Musicman Sterling Silhouette
Laney VH100R

Re: Bare Knuckle Warpigs

Postby schmitzel88 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Being active, the blackouts are going to have quite a bit more output. I don't know specific numbers, but I'd guess the blackouts are going to be over 1000mV in output (similar to EMGs), and the warpigs will probably be around 400-500mV.
...because you can't spell "manslaughter" without "laughter"

Coreyadelaide88
Not so junior
My Rig: Peavey 5150II
Orange 2 x12
ISP Decimator
Keeley Mod Ibanez TS808
Keeley Mod Ibanez AD9
Mogami Cables

Postby Coreyadelaide88 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Cool, I prefer the overall sound of SD's compared to EMG's but they have a nice sound too but I just find I don't have to boost the blackouts like I would with my EMG loaded guitars.

I'd like to try the Bare Knuckles just to see for myself and I was thinking that a small volume boost on a tubescreamer would compensate for them being passive pickups.

jakeanastasi
Junior
My Rig: Randall RH150G3
Schecter C1 ATX Blackjack - Walnut Finish

Postby jakeanastasi » Sat May 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Ive had plenty of guitars with EMG's, and i prefer Blackouts heaps better. As far as Warpigs go, my mate (and fellow second guitarist ) has them, and if you can get them at a good price i say go for it. In my opinion, the Blackouts were a crunchier tighter version of the EMG, the warpigs are the same again. Being a Passive pickup, they have less output as "schmitzel88" mentioned, but evenso, they have a heap of depth and are brutal as hell. If you are playing metal, i would suggest them any day. Tight and brutal \m/

Dimesy
Yo' daddy

Postby Dimesy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:57 pm

I've had a guitars equipped with EMG 81, SD JB, and finally a Warpig. I would say the EMG runs hotter for sure but the Warpig is for me is easily the pick of the bunch. Amazing tone to go along with the high output. My rig has never sounded as good with any other pickup. Brutal low end and also great note definition when using high gain. More versatile than an EMG too. I just got rid of my ESP and bought a G & L and while the pickups are good (G& L alnicos) I'm very keen to get some Bareknuckles fitted.

noob_pwn
Ibanez fiend
My Rig: 101001110011
endorsing:
Bareknuckle pickups
ET guitars
Ibanez guitars

Postby noob_pwn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:43 am

if you're coming from an active pickup you might prefer the blackhawk a bit more.
I think a lot of people pick the warpig based on it's output without considering the other models.
think about what voicing that you're after
TLITD69 wrote: Kirk's terrible, Metallica suck, sold out, are sue-happy, haven't made any impact on anyone, and generally shouldn't even make music... :roll:

Return to “Amps & Effects Discussion”