Guitarist Magazine Reviews Brunetti XL R-EVO 120w Tube Head

Post and read reviews on any amps, effects, and all other bits and pieces for guit-fiddles here.
perfecttone
Junior
My Rig: Brunetti Tube Amplification!

Guitarist Magazine Reviews Brunetti XL R-EVO 120w Tube Head

Postby perfecttone » Mon May 24, 2010 11:43 pm

These are absolutely amazing amps that easily compete with the likes of Soldano, Fryette aka "VHT", Rivera,Mesa Boogie, Bogner, Cornford, ENGL etc.................
Everyone who tries these amps are absolutely blown away by the quality of the sound! They have also just been given an absolutely glowing review from the people at 'guitar buyer magazine' Below Is the write-up taken from 'Guitarist' magazine after reviewing another Brunetti model....Brunetti XL REVO head.........In Italy Brunetti amps are so popular they outsell every other brand. Yet these all-valve lovelies, designed and built by self-confessed tube addict Marco Brunetti, have only just made their presence known In Australia, we Aussies now have the opportunity to try them out. Brunettis range from rack pre and power amps to a variety of feature-laden heads.They're every bit on par with the big US names as far as build and spec are concerned, and a vast list of Italian session men have adopted a Brunetti. So will this XL head please our ears?

"THE REVIEW"............

All Brunettis are hand-made using the best custom-designed components.The tough metal grille that guards the valves, together with the clean,brushed aluminium control panel just oozes class. The tolex-covered plywood cabinet Is unique, as It harbors an ingenious 19-inch rack space for effect-processor mounting. All the corners are protected by metal covers, with a regular-strap-handle and sturdy rubber feet completing the package. Around the back there's the usual Euro-lead socket, fuse holders, 4/8/16 ohm Impedance selector with dual speaker outputs, MIDI In and thru (for channel switching only), a five-pin DIN foot switch socket, effects send and return with variable level controls for each, and finally, a preamp output.
The XL's front panel Is exceptionally well-equipped, with logically labeled and laid-out controls. First come three separate gain controls: these are for the clean, boost and XL(high gain) channels. The clean channel features a bright switch while the boost channel has a three-way selector between 'extra', 'fat' or 'normal' boost.

Next In line are the clean channel's bass, middle and treble controls, and clean channel volume control with a green status light switch also acts as a channel switch. The boost channel has Its own trio of tone controls, but this time the mid pot features a toggle switch giving 'add', 'normal' and 'cut' options to the mid frequencies. Both the boost and XL channels have their own volume knobs, with status light/push-switches, and finally, a master volume control sits alongside the presence pot, with the giant toggle switches for standby and mains on/off at the far right.
The XL head Is clearly aimed at high-gain fans because there's a tremendous amount of juice on tap. It's capable of extremes too, as the clean channel Is just as impressive In It's clarity and body as the XL channel Is In dirt and meatiness.
The player Interaction Is great, with the XL responding sensitively both to pick attack and dynamics, I found It virtually Impossible to dial up a bad sound.
Even the potentially problematic 'break-up' blues tones are here embedded In the boost channel, and versatile enough for even the most demanding session player.

This Is a beautifully thought-out and put-together amp. Through my 4x12, the XL showed nothing but brilliance. The no frills tones are Instant and excellent, Brunetti Is an ambassador for value, hand-made build quality and design.
I have no reservations In saying It's one of the best heads I've ever heard, and with the option of a MIDI rack processor on board, potentially one of the most versatile too.. 'Guitarist - 1999/08.

Contact Australian Distributor
http://www.perfecttone.com.au

perfecttone
Junior

Re: Guitarist Magazine Reviews Brunetti XL R-EVO 120w Tube H

Postby perfecttone » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:43 am

:evil:

perfecttone
Junior

Postby perfecttone » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:22 am

New shipment arriving September 2010

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin
My Rig: Cool shit

Postby guitarsatbmusic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:45 am

Ooooh, goodie! Go on to a store's forum you have no relationship with and tell everybody :roll:
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
http://www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

DaniADcapa
Super senior
My Rig: Laboga Mr Hector Head
Laboga Mr Hector 3x12
Axe FX II

Ibanez Guitars

Postby DaniADcapa » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:31 am

Shane, its called spam and its wrong
Check out my band ANNO DOMINI:

Facebook Page

For fans of Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, Abigail Williams, Amon Amarth

guitarsatbmusic
Site Admin
My Rig: Cool shit

Postby guitarsatbmusic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:34 pm

:lol: Yeah, pretty much fits that criteria
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Australian ESP Dealer of the Year
http://www.bmusic.com.au
FaceBook

ShockMe.au
Beaver Roadie
My Rig: LTD KH Jr.
LTD KH Ouija.
LTD JH Truckster (Black)
LTD EC 400 VF
LTD EC 400 AT
DiMarzio modded Ibanez.
Ibanez Performance acoustic.

Laney LV300Twin.

Morpheus Drop Tune.
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Clapton Crossroads.
Tech 21 SansAmp GT-2 NYC
MXR Fullbore Metal.
MXR Black Label Chorus.
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
MXR Noise Clamp
Boss ME-6 and Metal Zone.

Gassin' for a Tubemeister 18, 36 or Grandmeister 36!

Postby ShockMe.au » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:51 pm

guitarsatbmusic wrote:Ooooh, goodie! Go on to a store's forum you have no relationship with and tell everybody :roll:

:lol:
noob_pwn wrote:when i hear the term "tyrant bloodstorm" i think of my ex on the rag.

http://www.espguitars.com/users/1990076

Be EXCELLENT to each other and PARTY on Dudes!

Return to “Amps, Effects and Accessories Reviews”