Edwards sugizo model

Discussion on all things related to ESP Japanese sub-brand Edwards
Gholdwayne
Not so junior

Edwards sugizo model

Postby Gholdwayne » Tue May 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey guys, i was just curious about that model, the black eclipse with 3 single coils pickups and a floyd style bridge, would you recommend that guitar ? I really love the headstock and the fact that it has a floyd style tremolo as those bridges feel the best for my hand compared to tune o matics and i dont mind the single coils...

the specs are:
BODY Alder w/White&Black Ply Binding
NECK Hard Maple 3P
FINGERBOARD Rosewood/24frets
SCALE 628mm
JOINT Bolt-on
FRONT PU ES-1G
SENTER PU ES-1G
REAR PU ES-1G
BRIDGE Floyd Rose(FRT-5000)
CONTROL Master Volume/5 Way Lever PU Selector/Mini Toggle Direct Switch
COLOR BLACK

http://store.shimamura.co.jp/img/goods/ ... 3313_m.jpg
Monster Rig From Hell(not really):
ESP LTD M-1000
Epiphone '58 Korina Flying Vee
GenesiSeries Ex-2(Goneskies)
Lazer LZ-100A Classical
Ernie Ball Wah
Bugera 333XL 212

haooomaru
Yo' daddy
My Rig: ESP Eclipse Std

Re: Edwards sugizo model

Postby haooomaru » Tue May 26, 2009 5:07 pm

I've owned the Grassroots version (the lower end), and it is extremely comfortable and despite the shape and construction you will have no trouble reaching the 24th fret. It is in essence more of a Strat than an Eclipse. Although the front looks like a Les Paul it is built as per an Eclipse (belly cut, MA thickness). The neck is not chunky. The only thing that puts me off are the single coils. There were once humbucker/P90 versions but they are discontinued and as far as I'm concerned, too hard to find these days. But if single coils are your thing then it is a nice choice. Headstock is awesome.

Gholdwayne
Not so junior

Postby Gholdwayne » Tue May 26, 2009 7:14 pm

yeah i dont mind them single coils, i wanted to put emg sa actives in there anyways or something like that... i like the fact that it is based on esp in that the frets are going to be XJ i assume, and the only thing that puts me off is that it wasnt a set neck construction, but hopefully the neck joint doesnt look like the one of the strat where its all square as opposed to say, an ibanez "rounded/oblong" style, i think its called , a contoured heel... i wanna see back pictures of the guitar tho.
Monster Rig From Hell(not really):
ESP LTD M-1000
Epiphone '58 Korina Flying Vee
GenesiSeries Ex-2(Goneskies)
Lazer LZ-100A Classical
Ernie Ball Wah
Bugera 333XL 212

mixedmedia
Junior

Postby mixedmedia » Tue May 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Have an older one which came with ESP active pickups which I have been told sound similar to EMG SAs. Only problem is I was looking to swap those out for some passives but since they are EMG type routes I have to look for singles w/o the flange otherwise they wont fit.

The heel is rounded off and has ferrules on mine so I guess it's more like an Ibanez AANJ. You might have to work a bit to get those last few frets but that's to be expected with a LP shape and 24 frets I'd think.

The headstock is badass and I kind of wish the Eclipses came with it instead of the one they do now.

Maybe I can take some pics later.

Return to “Edwards Guitar & Bass Discussion”